Did you mean: 

Regarding Concatenating two characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai

I have two characteristics with the values like

1) Parent Equipment Number = E100

2)Equipment Item Number = EI13

I want to concatenate these above two characteristic and put the concatenate value in new characteristic like below

'Location' = 'Parent Equipment Number '+ 'Parent

Equipment

Number'

i.e, 'Location' = E100+EI13.

So to model this one. I think , these some routine code in transfer structure for 'Location'.

Can anyone explain in detail with example

i ll assign the maximum points

txs alot

bye

rizwan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai sunraj

I have two fieds in Oracle Tables like

a) Parent Equipment Number = E100

b) Equipment Item Number = EI13

and i dont have thrid characteristics which is 'Location' in Oracle Tables. But i need to create a new characteristic 'Location' which contain the value like

'E100Ei13'

then how can i do above scenario

pls tell me

i ll assign the points

bye

rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

You needn't create a new char for that. But in the infoobject of parent location in the compounding tab give the infoobject name for Equipement item number. but remember to delete all the transaction data in the respective infoproviders and do compounding.

After compounding the data will be displayed like this

E100/Ei13.

It will be flexible while reporting once again.

Other option is using a formula to concatenate both the objects in the transfer structure or update routine in update rules....Compounding is the best option I beleiev.

Hope this helps you.......

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hai stone

can you explain in more detail . I didnt get you please

i will assign the points maximum pls

txs

rizwan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rizwan,

Instead of going for a routine and doing round about why don't you think of compounding those both which will even be flexible while reporting and also give you unique combination.......

Hope this helps you.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rizwan,

There would be the way suggested by the Stone Cold.

As u said these are characteristics then u have to go in the source system enhance the datasource and there club these two values into one. replicate this enhanced datasource in the BW.

Then in BW, u have t make sure that the chararistic shold store sucha long value, other wise increase the lenght of the characteristics. activate the characteristic.

Load the data, and check u have received the intended clubbing of the characteristic.

Assign the points, if it works.