cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Bex Query

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

There is an issue....when i am trying to run my query in Bex Analyzer then its giving some error regarding Read Mode... and asking to go to Query Monitor (transaction RSRT1) here i am finding these two errors...

Invalid read mode

Error when generating dataProvider

Any suggestion would be highly helpful.

Thank you .

Regards

Shivanjali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197610
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

In the RSRT,in menu bar Query Properties and change the read mode which were given by default...if hierarchy is used then select the 3rd option.

Hope this helps..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OSS note: 432596

Summary

Symptom

Invalid read mode. For repair: RSRT (OK code =RMRP)

Additional key words

Cause and prerequisites

Longtext of this message:

A number of querues often have by mistake the read mode "Read all at once". In many cases, this causes performance problems. To avoid this type of error, the above warning message appears when you execute a query that has been generated with this read mode.

Solution

Change the read mode before you execute the query: You can change the read mode of a specific query using transaction RSRT. Choose Query -> Read mode to set the read mode for a selected query. If this warning message is displayed when you call up a query, you have to change the default read mode for new InfoCube queries in Customizing for BW (Tools > Business Engineer > BW Customizing > SAP Reference IMG ). The default read mode is under the node "BW Customizing Implmentation Guide > Business Information Warehouse > Reporting-Relevant Settings > Set Read Mode for InfoCube

You can also change the read mode for all queries and the default read mode for all InfoCubes using transaction RSRT. Choose Environment -> Repair read mode. This is where you can change all non-allowed read modi to "Subsequenlty read by navigation".

cheers

Sunil