cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg : Webi Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys ,

When i tried to schedule the report and when it got run , then it show's following error :-

source file error. invalid argument crystalenterprise.diskunmanaged

This error occurred not all times , occurred only some time .

The report destination is Shared drive . There is no issue with Shared Drive , may be issue with some Business object Server.

It's very urgent report , so must be run successfully at specific time .

Can anyone give fix solution for this .

Appreciate your quick response .

Regards,

Lavneet

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavneet,

Is your BO server based on linux or Windows Server?

There must be an account used to log into BO Server machine under which SIA is running. Does that account have access to the Shared drive?

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj,

Thanks for your suggestion .

Our BO server based on Windows Server .

I will confirm that account used to BO server have access to Shared Drive or not .

But thing is that some time report got success and sometime it throws an error .

My understanding is "If report got success , then account have access to Shared drive " . So i think access to shared drive is not an issue .

Please suggest me if i am wrong or give any solutions for this .

Regards,

Lavneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavneet,

Have there been any issues in the connectivity between BO server and network drive?

What happens if you log into BO server using admin account and check for different BO users?

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuvraj ,

Not sure about connectivity between BO server and network drive because some times reports got success and sometimes failed . For other reports , reports got success .

I am not getting for log into BO server using admin account and check for different BO users ?

Can you please elaborate ?

Regards,

Lavneet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I meant is trying logging onto the BO server remotely (using mstsc), try scheduling the report and then check.

Also check if the issue comes with BO administrator.

Regards,

Yuvraj

former_member191664
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"yes the same file name generated all the times and this issue happen not all time , some time it occurs"

I've seen various scheduled job failures due to "source file error. [CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged]: [Invalid argument]" error occurring randomly.  It always resolved by the IT - Storage team.  One root cause of failure is as the Storage team works on the destination shared drive, that shared becme unresponsive, and that throws scheduled job failure "source file error. [CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged]: [Invalid argument]" error in BO.

Check your Storage team for permanent resolution.

Regards,

Jin-Chong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lavneet,

There could be so many reasons for this issue some of them have been discussed on below link you can refer to them and see if that works for you.

source file error. CrystalEnterprise.DiskUnmanaged: Invalid

Regards

Niraj

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lavneet,

As you said you've scheduled the report, what's the output format of the file that you're trying to save in a Shared Drive? Is it .pdf or .xls? What is the file size that is being created? Is it more than 50 mb? If yes, then that may be the reason for the error. You need to update the Binary Stream Maximum Size to say 100 or 150mb. To do that,

1. Log into the Business Objects Central Management Console (CMC).
  2. Click on the "Servers".
  3. Select "Service Categories".
  4. Select "Web Intelligence Services".
  5. Scroll down to the "WebIntelligenceProcessingService", right click on it and select "Properties"

Web Intelligence Processing Service (by default) :
Binary Stream Maximum Size (MB) 50 (increase this to 100 or 150)

If that's not the reason, then it has to be something else.

What about the file name of the file that is being generated? Is it going to be the same file name all the time or are you adding a date time stamp placeholder?

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,
Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahboob,

Thanks for your quick response. The file output file name extension is .CSV but the output format (Document Type) of the report is Text . The file size is around 20 MB. 

yes the same file name generated all the times and this issue happen not all time , some time it occures .

Please suggest me another options or solutions .

Please let me know if any concern .

Regards,

Lavneet