cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: ESS(Personal Information)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me on this as this is very urgent.

I am working on ERP2004 backend & NW2004s as portal server.

After logging into portal. In ESS Personal Information. It is showing error.

500 Internal Server Error

SAP NetWeaver Application Server 7.00/Java AS 7.00

Failed to process request. Please contact your system administrator.

[Hide]

Error Summary

While processing the current request, an exception occured which could not be handled by the application or the framework.

If the information contained on this page doesn't help you to find and correct the cause of the problem, please contact your system administrator. To facilitate analysis of the problem, keep a copy of this error page. Hint: Most browsers allow to select all content, copy it and then paste it into an empty document (e.g. email or simple text file).

Root Cause

The initial exception that caused the request to fail, was:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Date.after(Date.java:871)

at com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper.hasDeleteButton(OverviewHelper.java:355)

Regards

Madhav

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madav,

As per my knowlege whether you use EP 6.0 or 7.0 does not matter . If you are using ERP 2004 take the relavent business package like ESS100SP16 .

but not ESS 600 SP9 ..becuse there is a lot of mismatch and conflicts due to Support pacakages ( SP) ... make sure the right ESS for ERP 2004..

if you need any assistance please let me know...

regards

Ratnakar reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ratnakar reddy,

Business Package is ESS100SP16. Could you please me on this.

Regards

Madhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madav,

As you are facing the below error please ensure all the dependency files are getting build perfectly or not before hitting the request to the portal.

Why becase here error is basically on ->com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper.hasDeleteButton component. check the OverviewHelper.java class whether it is having any errors ..if not it might be a runtime error. if you are having testing facility at your end ,please put some out put statements and check whether the data coming or not..there is some problem with Date parameter also .. do some testing or else runtime errors you can not find directly ...

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.Date.after(Date.java:871)

at com.sap.xss.per.helpers.OverviewHelper.hasDeleteButton(OverviewHelper.java:355)

regards

Ratnakar