Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg Compression

former_member185071
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BWXpertz

Recently i did a compression on a material data cube.Its going smoothly as of now.BUt Now i need to delete a past request.How can i.Could any body give me the clarification.If any doc can u just mail to the following e-mail: sapbwsource@gmail.com

Thanx In advance

Best regards

Krish

Bangalore.

Be Coool...Do cooool...Strive U r Goalz...!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member619464
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

To my knowledge, to delete a compressed request, we must either delete all of the E fact table data or we can also use the "<b>request reverse posting</b>" (shift+F8)function in the "Monitor-Administrator workbench".

hope it helps...let me know

Regards,

R.Ravi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Compression runs a query to select the Requests you want compressed and summarizes them and writes them to the E fact table, then deletes the Requests from the F fact table.

As part of moving the data to the E fact table, the Request ID is eliminated. So you want to be sure you don't need to backout a Request before you compress it, because once compressed, you can no longer back it out. Might be able to do something with a Selective Deletion depending on your data, or you might have to reconstruct or reinitialize the the cube.

check tis link too

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ca/aa6437e7a4080ee10000009b38f842/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

As you would have become aware that you cannot delete a compressed request from the cube. The best option is to delete all the data in the cube. RSA1 -> Cube -> right click -> delete data -> Fact and dim.

After the data has been deleted reconstruct all the requests that you need.

<b>But remember this process would work if you have the PSAs available for your request.</b>

Bye

Dinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately deletion is a much more complex process once cube is compressed. You have only one option to delete, that is to do a selective deletion in the manage data target screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Krish,

Once you have compressed the data, you would not be able to delete data for a particular request. Hence you should verify the data and be very sure before compressing thwe requests.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Praveen