cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refreshing multiple queries in a workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've got a workbook which has two queries in it. Both have a selection variable on date that has to be entered and both are set to refresh query when opening workbook. Unfortunately one query brings up the selection screen for the variable - the other query doesn't and returns all the data that matches the default filter. Is there any way I can get both the variable prompts to come up or can I use one variable prompt for both queries?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using same variable in both queries if both the char. are same.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both variable are over the same characteristic 0CALDAY but the two queries are looking at two different infocubes. How do I get the variable to work for both queries?

Former Member
0 Kudos

variables should be infocube independant, if you have the same characteristic in both infocubes you should be able to use the same variable in both queries.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rachel,

Yes, it does not matter even if the queries are on two different cubes. As long as the char. are same and you have the same variable available, you can use the same variable for same char. in both the queries.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rachel,

All good advice here. But, I am still wondering why the second query is not running correctly.

Is it possible that the Properties were set to "Save and reuse variable values" for that query? In the workbook, go to that query, call up the Properties dialog, look on the Interaction tab. Be sure that "Save and reuse variable values" is NOT checked.

- Pete

Former Member
0 Kudos

The query does not have save and reuse variable values checked. It does have refresh query when opening workbook checked.

Can anyone tell me how to use the same variable for more than one query? I've trying to get this to work but I can't find any info on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've just upgraded my front end patch to version 7 and the variable selection now works on both queries in the workbook.

Thanks for all the help!