cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refilling aggrigates(urgent)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have small doubt on refilling aggrigates that is currently i am having one aggrigate which is having huge data which i am unable to read,so i want to create the new one with same fields and fill it with 6 months data only.Now my question is if i switch off and inactivate my old aggrigate,does my new aggrigate would be read by my query with my sixmonths data? in the variable screen of the report i have to select one field xxx.... with yyy F4 help, the help displays the aggrigate definition than i will select it, does the same thing will happen if i create the new aggregate,how my report variables get effected?

I will give due points for quick responce.

Thanks,

veerabhadra.

Edited by: veer bhadra on Feb 12, 2008 5:04 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member345199
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this info will be helpful.

If Infocube has aggregates and If you had loaded data to this Infocube, then, the newly loaded data wont be available for reporting untill and unless rollup is done. Roll up means adding the newly loaded data to aggregates.

If you switch off the aggregates it wont be identified by the OLAP processor. report will fetch the data directly from the cube. Switching off the aggreagte won't delete any data,but temporarly the aggregate will not be availbale as if it is not built on the info cube. No reporting is not possible on swtiched off aggregates. The definition of the aggregate is not deleted.

You can temporarily switch off an aggregate to check if you need to use it. An aggregate that is switched off is not used when a query is executed.This aggregate will be having data from the previous load's. If the aggregate is switched off means it wont be available for reporting but data can be rolled up into it.

If u deactivate the aggregates the data will be deleted from the aggregates and the aggregate structure will remain the same.

The system deletes all the data and database tables of an aggregate. The definition of the aggregate is not deleted.

Later when you need those aggregate once again you have to create it from scratch.

If I have more than one aggrgate and one of them is switched off then during roll up

The data will be loaded to switched off aggregates also.

But if the aggregate is deactivated the data will not be loaded to the aggregates. you have to do the initial fill by activcating the aggregates. Its like a init load.

Scenario: Suppose the info cube needs to be undergone some changes after agggregate rollup (say wrong data needs to be deleted),so first we need to deactivate the aggregate and then delete the wrong requests from the cube and refill the aggregate to capure the existing changes.In this way changes will reflect in the aggregate,if not the aggregate will still contain the wrong data.

When you delete aggregates both Structure as well as data is deleted.

Check the below links:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/cbd2d390-0201-0010-8eab-a8a9269a...

Thanks,

JituK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thx for the responce,it is helpful answere,can you comment on my report senarion ..

regarda,

veerabhadra.

Edited by: veer bhadra on Feb 12, 2008 5:01 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veer,

This is what I understand from your question, you have created a subset aggregate of 6 months after deactivating the aggregate which was for bigger range.

Your aggregate will be used if it has the same 6 month range which is entered in the variable screen of the report.

You can also check whether your aggregate is being used by using RSRT transaction. In RSRT go to execute and debug and check the "Display Aggregates Found", this will display the aggregate being used and the characteristics being used.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Victor