cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have a characteristic 0QMWORKCTR which has reference charac as 0WORKCENTER. i have loaded 0WORKCENTER master data. how can i load 0QMWORKCTR. i cannot find any entry in IC for 0QMWORKCTR charac.

Thanks

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can not load master data for 0QMWORKCTR, as it points to 0WORKCENTER which is set as ref char to 0QMWORKCTR. One of purposes of using ref chart is to use the same set of master data and texts.

Ravi Thothadri

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

done

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant

IO creation form Reference is a bit different from IO creation from template .

In case of template system creates new tables for master data and the data can be loaded to new object...

In case of references characteristic,as in your case 0WORKCENTER is IO and you are taking it as a reference characteristic for creation of 0QMWORKCTR...so system will use the data which you have loaded for master object 0WORKCENTER...

You can't load data directly to referenced characteristic...

Also to add any attribute in 0WORKCENTER, u have to first add that attribute in 0WORKCENTER as data will be loaded in yhis object only...

Thanks

Tripple k

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

you can't load any master data only for characteristic 0QMWORKCTR because it uses the same master data tables of 0WORKCENTER.You can load data only if the characteristic is create as "Template..." of another characteristic.

Hope this help to understand...

Antonio

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you are using 0QMWORKCTR as a ref char of 0WORKCENTER, then you only need to load the data for 0WORKCENTER. This data will be shared by other char created as ref chars of this InfoObject.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

that means the data should be available in IC which has charac 0QMWORKCTR in one of the dimension...if that is the case, then i am unable to see data in IC...or is it that this refren char is only used when query is executed??

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

If you are looking for the value in a cube, then you need to laod the transactional data to the cube. Loading to the master data of the char will not help when looking for the data in the cube.

Hope this helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have loaded transcational data...but for charach 0QMWORKCTR i cannot see any value whereas i have loaded 0WORKCENTER to which it is referencced