cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reconnect BW to new R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had an old R/3 Test system (call it DEV) and we recently created a new Test R/3 system (call it TU1) from our Production R/3 system (PU1). Our old R/3 (DEV) system was connected to our Test BW system (TU3).

Is there a way to rename the RFC connection (and source system name) in BW so that DEV becomes TU1?

We would not like to recreate all our infopackages from scratch. We know we will have to reinitialize the cubes with data. We are on 3.0B.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi George,

2. Change OLTP logical system name.

- Logical system name maintenance in TC SCC4

- Mapping from old logical name to new one in BDLS

3. Review RFC Connections in OLTP & BW

4. Restore settings for new logical systems. This has to be done in

order to get all communication parameters (partner profiles, ports

definition, IDOC Type etc.) TC WE30, Consistently set-up versus new LS name.

Go to Source System in AWB

- Right click on OLTP source system & restore

- Right click on BW system & restore

hope this help

Thanks

Qandeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your prompt reply Qandeel!

I am still a little confused so I just want to make sure my steps are correct.

I assume all of these steps you mentioned are to be executed on the BW system (TU3)?

So,...

1. Run <b>BDLS</b> to change <b>DEV</b> to <b>TU1</b>.

2. Review RFC connections (make sure IP addresses are correct in both TU1 and TU3)

3. Restore settings for new logical systems. Right click on <b>TU1</b> source system in AWB and "<b>Restore</b>". Do I need to right click on <b>TU3</b> source system and "<b>Restore</b>" also?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi George

once you reset the RFC in SM59 and do the following steps then you have to restore the Source system in BW.

Thanks

Qandeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Qandeel, thank you for your help. For some reason I cannot give you any more points.

In any event, I am updating this post to let others know what our solution was. We found a document on the SAP Support site on "<b>How to... System Copy in SAP BI System Landscapes</b>". This document was extremely helpful.

Path was <i><b>SAP Business Intelligence</b></i> > <i><b>Services & Implementation</b></i> > <i><b>HOW TO... Guides</b></i> > <i><b>Guide List SAP BW3.5-Part of NW 04</b></i> > <i><b>Business Intelligence</b></i>