We had an old R/3 Test system (call it DEV) and we recently created a new Test R/3 system (call it TU1) from our Production R/3 system (PU1). Our old R/3 (DEV) system was connected to our Test BW system (TU3).
Is there a way to rename the RFC connection (and source system name) in BW so that DEV becomes TU1?
We would not like to recreate all our infopackages from scratch. We know we will have to reinitialize the cubes with data. We are on 3.0B.
2. Change OLTP logical system name.
- Logical system name maintenance in TC SCC4
- Mapping from old logical name to new one in BDLS
3. Review RFC Connections in OLTP & BW
4. Restore settings for new logical systems. This has to be done in
order to get all communication parameters (partner profiles, ports
definition, IDOC Type etc.) TC WE30, Consistently set-up versus new LS name.
Go to Source System in AWB
- Right click on OLTP source system & restore
- Right click on BW system & restore
hope this help