cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving Internal Error calling 'answerPrompts'

Former Member
0 Kudos

When running a web intelligence query, my query completes and returns the results but before it does I receive an error message that displays twice which I have to click OK on that gives the error code ERR_WIS_30270.  "An internal error occured while calling 'answerPrompts'.   What is causing this and how do I resolve it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am actually running 3 queries from two different universes.  I only get that error message if I cancel the refresh from running while it is in edit mode and I have it choose to return only partial results.    I have the main query set for a max retrieval time of only 5 minutes but if I let it run for the five minutes, rather than returning any results it gives me a WIJ 20002 error message and instead closes the session. (This is also while I am running it from edit mode).  If I simply refresh the document from the standard view mode, the refresh query just runs for quite awhile like it doesn't even recognize I have a max retrieval time set and I end up just cancelling it because it ran for about 10 minutes and didn't close the session or error or anything, it just kept running.    This combination of symptoms makes me think it is some other issue  that is on my end like the way I have my queries built or something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please Check the options in Prompts from 3 data providers.All the options should be same for all three data providers. Some times it occurs due to connections loose end at universe level.The solutions is to login to the universe the give proper connection(3 data providers) and export to CMS. I am sure it wont give  error message .

Hope this helps u

Thanks & Regards

Sunil

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue got resolved by changing the connection properties in Universe from 'keep the connection active for x minutes' to "keep the connection active during the whole session". Export the universe and restart BO server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this something a Business Objects Administrator has to do?  I am just an end user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Administrator or Universe Designer group users can do these changes in Universe.