Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver File Adapter - Append mode

former_member229310
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a scenario  IDOC to File .  On the receiver file adapter I have enabled APPEND options.

1) My doubt is , during the append of first message if another message also tries to append then how does PI work in this scenario ?

2) I saw that my subsequent messages were ending up either in waiting or delivering stage when I tried to trigger 5 to 10 idocs at the same time. Only 1st idoc got appended successfully and the rest had the status delivering.

What is the significance if I enable Orders at runtime in Interface Determination. Will it have any use in processing the message as EOIO.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) My doubt is , during the append of first message if another message also tries to append then how does PI work in this scenario ?

>>> I don't think you can write to a file in parallel. So you'll have locking issues and hence that delivering/waiting state.

2) I saw that my subsequent messages were ending up either in waiting or delivering stage when I tried to trigger 5 to 10 idocs at the same time. Only 1st idoc got appended successfully and the rest had the status delivering.

>>>Reason explained above

What is the significance if I enable Orders at runtime in Interface Determination. Will it have any use in processing the message as EOIO.

>>> Yes set the processing mode to EOIO and also set maximum-concurrency in the file receiver channel to "1". It should work.