cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons for Add a combined query being grayed out?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to create a combined query but the option is grayed out. This report is a duplicate of an already existing document. I have checked that all the queries in this document are based on the same universe. Are there any other reasons that this may be the case? I have tried creating a document from scratch and the option to combine the queries is available to me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's your data source? Combined queries are not supported for certain data sources. For example it's not supported for OLAP based universes.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

The original post already said they can recreate the query and get the combined query option, so I doubt that's the issue. It has to be something related to the current state of the existing query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an OLAP universe. I had seen the option come up in another query which I thought was also OLAP, however, since all of them are OLAP based in this project. Thanks!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you perhaps have "scope of analysis" set on the data provider? You can check by counting the number of objects visible on the query panel and then open the SQL and see how many select values there are. I have seen cases where the scope of analysis (which adds extra dimensions to the query in an invisible fashion) interferes with the combine queries option.

Note that normally you can check the scope by clicking the appropriate button on the query panel toolbar and invoking the scope panel. However, I have seen some cases where objects are in the SQL even without showing up on the scope panel... it's worth a check.