cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rearrange column order using table interface

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Like hiding columns using table interface, is there a way we can rearrange the column position using table interface or any other method (runtime) in webtemplate.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Raja

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no straight forwrad approach for this, if you have to move column no 4 to column 5 set style="display:none" using the c_cell_extend method of the respective methods (DATA_CELL or STRUCTURE_CELL etc...)and copy the content to a global variable for rendering at column 5, after rendering column 5 open a <td> tag and assign the value from the global variable.

The HTML o/p from the system will be:

<td>column 4 </td><td>column 5</td>

You will have to make it like:

<td style="display:none">Column 4 </td><td>Old column 5</td><td>column 4 </td>

The display:none style is not recogonized my the Excel downloads even with the new How to paper.

I am not sure about your exact reqmnt, but if you can manage this using the query or query view that is a better approach

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

thank you very much for your time and thoughts on this.

I will give it a try and let you know.

<i>The display:none style is not recogonized my the Excel downloads even with the new How to paper.</i>

Whats this new How to Paper - can you give me the link of the same?

<i>I am not sure about your exact reqmnt,</i>

What i am trying to do is to provide a functionality similar to ALV GRID in ABAP where user has the option to show/hide columns and rearrange column positions.

Thanks again

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

The link to the document is given below:

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001853752005E/HowToWebPrintingWithExcel.zip

Unfortunately BW does not have any standard API for doing that kind of functionality.

Let us know how your stuff goes.

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks again Deepu, i have seen this before. i will keep you/forum posted of the developments.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you look at the XMLA web service options for getting the query data to the front end and doing the formatting on the front end? You will loose all your navigation in this case.

Thanks.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

we are currently using a FM to execute query ( ihave written a weblog on this FM /people/durairaj.athavanraja/blog/2005/04/03/execute-bw-query-using-abap-part-i) and used BSP to do ALV grid kind of functinlaity. currently exploring the possibilities of doing the same using webtemplate.

Thanks again.

Regards

Raj

Answers (0)