cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

real time changing of logic for keyfigures, how to do it..

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having an ODS with four keyfigures a,b,c,and d. a,b and c are populated directly from corresponding fields in R/3 whereas d is a calculated keyfigure calculated on basis of a,b and c. The problem is that the logic for calculation changes real time. if on january it is ab-c, in feb it is ab. This doesnt mean that the logic is fixed for different months. wat i gave is just an example. we are totally unaware whats the logic next month. How can i accomplish this in sap BW. finally the end user should be able to give his logic and get the correct output in real time. if not in BW can i do it in BEX?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Vivek, I'm in throuble searching a way to read the user input (from a characteristic variable) and use it in the CMOD in order to use it in another FORMULA variable. Is it possible?

Thank in advance.

Gianluca

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

There are lot of way to get data from the user. Either we can get thro table (That table should be into our BW system). Or very simple way.. Get throw Excel. Create an ODS having month and formula column.

Load the data from excel (.csv file) to ODS whenever the user changes the data. Throw ODS table (/BIC/ods name), we can get the data and process it.

In the Caluculated Keyfigure, in the formula column only formula variable is enough. Throw variable we can calculate everything.

We can get the month throw the user's entry and we can make the formula using given month. I think there should be some logic across this calculation. Ask your client clearly whether any concept will be there for calculation. Then we can built formula variable perfectly......

Please update your status...................

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the formula varuable doesn't suit you (performance problems) then you can create a CKF per month (abc), then restrict it for the corresponding month (JAN) and finally sum it with the other months in another CKF.

This will also make it if you want to have JAN+FEB...

hope this helps

Olivier.

Message was edited by:

Olivier Cora

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think using Formula Variable in the place of calculated keyfigure will fulfill your requirement.

In Formula Variable, you can get the month value. Then based on received month value, you can decide your calculation. Here all the months and key figure calculations are fixed. That means you can not get your user input at the time of variable input. Only possiblity is you can create a temporary table and you can store your user inputs based on month wise. When we are calculating the formula variable, at the time we can fetch from the table.

This explanation is based on your question only...... If you will provide the exact details of what you want, i can provide the ABAP program also.........

Please let me know your status.........................

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi vivek,

I think your suggestion answered 80% of my question. Right now i dont have more details with me since the exact details has to come from the client. can you tell a little more deep. where will be this temporary table stored, within BW system or externally as a file and what we exactly store in it. Is it the formula to be used or just the variables involved in the formula. Is it possible that this file is stored external to the BW system in some common format like excel ot .txt so that the end user can make changes there and we can extract that data into BW using an ABAB routine(or as u said using a formula variable).

Can you send across your mail id. In case if i get some details i can ask u for some help in ABAP. But in all these cases logic for different months should be known before hand na???