cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading XML file using BAPI I must use adapters .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reading XML file using BAPI and then uploading that xml file data into SAP using BDC.

I cant take file on to my Application server I am getting the file dynamically from other file server and I need to use BAPis to read data from XML file.please tell me what should be my Import,Export and Tables parameterrs should be.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Import, export and table parameters for BAPI is required, without that BAPI will not able to collect the data from XML. What you need to do is write a Zprogram and collect the data, store that data in internal table and call the BAPI by passing required parameters.

Different Scanarios:

1) Before calling a BAPI write some other program which collects the data from XML and create a UNIX file. Try to get the data from UNIX FILE

2) If you see the XML tags, data will be in side that tags, try to get the data from XML tags and store that data in one SAP table. You can use the BAPI by fetching the data from table

3)Create a table and store the data in the table. Use the table in SAP to extract the data.

BAPI won't work without any parameters, you have to pass some parameters then the BAPI will return some values.

Hope i am clear.

Thanks&Regards,

-Suresh Revuru

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

at time I'm facing the same problem to import xml data, storing in internal table and transfer via BAPI into Trips. Is ist possible to pass a sample report. I'm a bloody beginner concerning BAPI to create TRIPS.

Hope i am clear

Thanks & regards

- Vera Bartoszek