cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-organize class and objects in universe

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I have a universe, i need to re-organize it like create a top class move it to sub-class, and also move objects, before i do this, i want to know if this change will impact the existing reports

does anyone know?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you don't delete the dimensions, measures, and filter objects, it will not affect your existing reports.

Each object you create in Universe Designer has a unique ID called CUID. If you change its class the ID remains the same. However, if you delete it, and create the object even with the same name then your existing reports will be affected because when you delete the objects the ID is also deleted with the object and when it is recreated the new ID is assigned to the new objects.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you

so i can re-name the objects/class name as well, and will not impact my existing reports, right?

former_member184594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sure that it will have no impact on your existing reports what so ever as long as you don't delete the object. If you want to be sure for yourself,

1. Just create a dimension and a report based on that dimension

2. and then save the report.

3. Go back to the universe designer and change the name of the object you just made a report of.

4. Check, try to refresh and edit the report.

You will see that the name of the object has changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great, thanks a lot