cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-load from ECC6

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Weu2019re on BI7, but using the old BW 3.x Dataflow, no new BI7 Dataflow.

Because of the data quality problem, I would like to delete all the Request from the existing data model (i.e InfoCube, Aggregate, ODS, Master Data, PSA) and perform the full load for all this again.

1.) For InfoCube, I will right-click the InfoCube ->Manage ->Request tab, then select the Request and click on the Delete button manually.

2) For Aggregate, in InfoCube ->Roll Up tab, click on Aggregates button, then open the InfoCube, then click on Deactivate button. (after the re-load, I need to click on Activate button again)

3) For ODS, I will right-click the ODS -> Manage ->Request tab, then select the Request and click on the Delete button manually.

4) PSA, I will right-click on each Datasource ->Manage, then select the Request and click on the Delete button manually.

Questions:

A) What about the ODS Change Log table? How can I delete them?

B) What I understand is Master Data will always be overwritten. So there is no need for me to delete the data for each Master Data correct? Because when I re-load all the data from ECC6, all the data in the Master Data will be overwritten, correct?

C) Is there any other thing that I need to take care in order for me to re-load all the data again from ECC6 into BW?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

no answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. You can delete through process chain , a process variant is available for change log deletions

2. In case of manual deletions, Go to DSO Manage, Go to Contents Tab, Press Change log button in the down side.

In the pop up tick mark simply. In the next screen header you will get some table name like /BIC/B******* where *** stands for some number. Note this /BIC/B******

3. Go to SE11, Enter this change log name, delete the contents.

/BIC/B**** change log table for that particular Data store Object.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

1. When I perform the re-load, is there a sequence I need to follow? i.e. I must first load all the master data first. Then follow by transaction data.

2. For 2LIS, I need to:

2.1 perform the Setup Table of each of the 2LIS datasource in ECC6.

2.2 In BW perform Init with data transfer, this will extract all the data from the setup table.

2.3 Then create the Delta Info Package for this.

3. Is there any thing that I need to take care?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Delete them from SE16. enter you ods change log table name and delete them manually. To get the change logs check in the ODS manage screen.

2. Yes . It is overwritten due to unique key for the master data IDs.

3. delete indexes in your process chains and then load for faster upload and then rebuild indexes after your loads.

p_m8
Participant
0 Kudos

Ganesh,

Exactly how we can delete the Change Log via SE16?

What happen if we didn't delete the Change Log? Will it cause duplicate record later?

1.) For InfoCube, I will right-click the InfoCube ->Manage ->Request tab, then select the Request and click on the Delete button manually.

Is there a way to delete all the Request in the InfoCube in background instead of one by one manually?

Also, what happen if the Request in the InfoCube has been compressed, and it also have Aggregate? How to delete them?