cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranking Key Figures in Reports

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a situation where in I need to put a Rank column on the <b>BEX</b> Report output via WEB.

Sample:

<b>Sales Rank</b>

-

-

10.50 -> 1

8.50 -> 2

7.20 -> 3

4.10 -> 4

1.50 -> 5

How could I create a calculated keyfigure for that requirement? I know how to create <i>Percentage Share based from overall Results</i> w/c is somehow similar to this but the requirement is by rank.

Kindly help me with this one...

--Jkyle

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle,

if I understand your requirement correctly, what you need is a possibility to display a ranking based on a revenue per customer/sales order or any other characteristic.

I already did a similar thing for invoices. Therefore I created a infoobject let's say zranking of type numc length 2. As attributes I assigned 2 keyfigures containing a upper and a lower limit and a unit. The maintenance of the data will be done by the users manually. In the cube I added zranking and using the exits for virtual characteristics I populated zranking with the correct value. This solution is also very flexible in case of changing of the borders ...

I hope this helps solving your issue.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Many thanks for the reply. But still its very unclear to me on how to accomplish this problem. Your approach requires me to tamper the CUBE w/c is not an option as of now since it requires reloading just to populate your ZRANKING InfoObject.

Any ideas are still welcome...

Regards,

--Jkyle

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jkyle,

are you searching for something similar (Ranked list-Olympic) ?http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/1f/25883ce5bd7b1de10000000a114084/content.htm

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

Yes, thanks Roberto. I have been experimenting on this option. I just cant find a way not to Hard Code the Top say <b>Top 10</b>. I wanted the <b>10</b> to be somewhat a variable that the user can encode on the Parameter Screen.

Best regards,

--Jkyle