cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qyery desigining confusion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am new to BI, and in my learning phase am trying to design a query using BEx query designer in BI7.O.

I have created plan cube and actual data cube, have also created multiprovider using this 2 cubes. Now I am confused whether I should proceed with query designing, or I need to create DSO, and thn proceed with multiprovider using this DSOs for planned data and actual data and than design a query.

If possible, can anyone send me steps for query designing and reporting in BI7.O

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have common characterisctic in both the cubes then you can create the reports staraight away from the multiprovider. Make the correct relationship in Multiprovider before creating the reports.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx for your reply guys, but can you please explain, wht you are trying to say by correct relationship, and if possible can you pls send me steps to create query in BEx query designing, specially for filters, restriction, exception and condition, and how this fields are different from each other.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You define queries by:

● Selecting an InfoProvider for which the query is defined

● Selecting reusable structures that already contain characteristic or key figure combinations (for example, contribution margin schema)

● Selecting characteristics from the InfoProvider

● Restricting selected characteristics to characteristic values, characteristic value intervals, or hierarchy nodes

● Using variables for characteristic values, hierarchies, hierarchy nodes, formulas, and texts or defining new variables where necessary

● Selecting key figures from the InfoProvider

● Formulating calculated key figures

● Restricting key figures by combining them with characteristics

● Defining exception cells

● Arranging the characteristics and key figures in rows or columns and thereby establishing an initial view for the query analysis

Check below SAP help for more info:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f1/0a5625e09411d2acb90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx man, do you have steps with screen shots on query designing, reporting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check below blogs...

/people/nikhil.chowdhary2/blog/2006/03/20/sap-web-application-designer-150-creating-a-simple-web-template-with-multiple-queries

/people/community.user/blog/2006/12/27/enterprise-reporting-query-and-analysis-an-overview-of-design-and-analysis-tools-for-business-intelligence-in-sap-netweaver-2004s

/people/prakash.darji/blog/2006/07/16/bim253-at-teched--query-report-and-web-application-design-with-the-sap-business-explorer-suite

Check this for more docs...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/advancedsearch?cat=sdn_library&query=query+designer&adv=false&sortby...

Search SDN for more...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx KK, very helpful answer

Awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanx Uncle D, awarded points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u have already created the multiprovider then no need of going to DSO again just create a report on top of the multiprovider.

Khaja