cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"You are not authorized to use this Universe in this application".

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an Universe created from SAP BW. I can create a Webi report but when I try to create a Deski report it gives me error "You are not authorized to use this Universe in this application".

Is Deski reporting supported for OLAP Based Universe?

Regards,

SR

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hitomi_takano
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi SR,

There is a SAP note about this. You can search the note ID in support potal. I pasted the content below.

1204151 - Error: "You're not authorized to use this universe " (Universe name)" using an OLAP universe in Desktop Intelligence

Symptom

In Desktop Intelligence XI Release 2, when using an OLAP universe, the following error message appears:

"You're not authorized to use this universe " (Universe name)."

Cause

Desktop Intelligence XI Release 2 does not support OLAP data sources, either directly or through a universe.

Resolution

Desktop Intelligence is no longer an option for OLAP reporting. The following options are available going forward with OLAP reporting:

Web Intelligence

Crystal Reports (Static OLAP reporting only)

OLAP Intelligence (Dynamic reports where you have a worksheet where you can slice and dice the OLAP data)

BusinessObjects XI Release Service Pack 2 Productivity Pack. (This includes a new OLAP tool called Voyager. This is a pure Web based application which enables the user to create an OLAP connection in the Central Management Console (CMC). In Java InfoView, you can create a Voyager Workspace which allows you to view the OLAP data.)