cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure" fix

estherling
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

So I have to use Crystal XI for this, because my database which works together with Crystal Reports only accepts Crystal XI.

When I run a dynamic parameter in Crystal XI on my computer, it works fine, and all the values come back fine. However, when I put it on my server (which is where it ultimately needs to live) and run it, I get this error: "Prompting failed with the following error message: 'List of Values failure'". This must be a setting in Crystal XI on the server which is preventing the dynamic parameter to go out to the database and retrieve the values? Where could I possibly find this setting?

Thanks,

Esther

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What version of Windows is your server running?

estherling
Participant
0 Kudos

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard

estherling
Participant
0 Kudos

Any other ideas on this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

XI has been out of support for 10+ years, time to upgrade your CR and Database.

What database are you using and how are you connecting, ODBC, OLE DB or CR's native drivers?

estherling
Participant
0 Kudos

I know and agree. I have a upgraded version of Crystal on my computer but have to take it back to XI before I can use it within the database GUI. The database is Raiser's Edge and I am connecting via ODBC. But there is a Plugin within the software that allows the Crystal Reports to work inside the GUI so I am not quite sure how that connection is made other than the fact that I update an Access file in order to add reports. Unfortunately the company owning Raiser's Edge has decided not to allow an updated version of Crystal Reports, so I am stuck trying to figure this out.