cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Only Values in InfoProvider"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All -

I am restricting an infoobject in the query designer based on one of it's attributes. In the restriction window there is a little check box option that says "Only Values in InfoProvider". Does anyone know exactly what this means? I am a bit confused about why this option would be here. Obviously we only want records that exsist inside the infocube so why is this option there?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say for example you are having two cubes,one will have data for plant 1000-2000 and other will have data for plant 3000-4000.

In you create a query from cube 1.with plant and associated attr as a selection,It will show all the plant available in the plant master data.

If you create a query from Cube2 with "only value in the infoprovider",this will just diplay the plant value from 3000-4000 or valid plants stored in the cube.This is the differencr...

Hope it clarifies your question...

Cheers,

kamal

Message was edited by: kamal s

Former Member
0 Kudos

Under the covers, a query is launched to retrieve the master data values as restriction options - the query will either read the just the master data table, or it will join the master data and the InfoProvider to provide a list of values that only appear in that InfoProvider (in the form of a SID or Dim ID) depending on this setting in question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am doing is running a query on a multi-cube. I want to restrict certain G/L Accounts and I am doing so by looking at a Flag Attribute I have created for 0GL_ACCOUNT. That is, if the flag is set for a G/L Account then I want to see it in my query. If it is not, then disregard it. If I do not select this check box option, then my query returns G/L Accounts that are not flagged. If I check it off, it returns only G/L Accounts that are flagged but it looks as if it is also eliminating some flagged G/L Accounts. I'm not sure what to do in this case. Should I remove the check box option or leave it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nyrvole, The option you see only applies to what you see when you are trying to filter. As you know same master data can be used across multiple InfoProviders. By clicking this option it will only show only the master data values which are present in the InfoProvider of the query and will not show values which are there in the master data but is not used in the query InfoProvider.

Hope it helps!

-Vinod Swarnapuri