Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Mail could not be sent" when using the collaboration room's Send To

marcel_frei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm trying to get the collaboration room's send to functionality to work again. This works on the test system but doesn't work anymore on the production system.

The mail transport does work because I get mails when I am invited to a room or delete a room etc.

A Mailsystem is defined with a system alias. This system alias name is used in a Mail Transport.

The test and production system have the same settings here.

Any ideas why id doesn't work on the production system?

Is any other configuration involved when using the send to functionality in a collaboration room (send a document in a collaboration room as link or attachment)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

What is your mail system. You have to configure groupware services (create an email transport and configure email service). You can find documents on this configuration settings. Let me know the problem you are facing in detail.

Regards

Ramesh kotagiri

marcel_frei
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh

Thank you for your answer. The email transport and email service was configured. It was something else. A lotus notes repository manager we are using apparently was messing up the email service. Updating the repository manager solved the problem.

Kind regards

Marcel Frei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

We are experiencing the similar problem in our project. Email funtionality is working in the development server and is not working in the QA and Production servers.

We configured everything same in all the environments.

Please let us know that solution how you updated the Repository Managers as you said in your earlier post.

Thanks

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue has been resolved. It was found that we need to configure the Email and Internet channels with the correct names of the Mail servers. But, that was not the case in case of development environment.

In the development environment Internet Mail channel was given as externalmailserver.mycompany.com and still it was working over there. In the Production environments it won't work unless you specify the correct Mail server name.

Answers (0)