cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error communicating with controller API" when opening Web IDE in new HANA appliance from SAP CAL

0 Kudos

I've created a new instance of the appliance "SAP HANA, Platform Edition 2.0 SPS06 rev63" from SAP Cloud Appliance library:
https://cal.sap.com/console/tenant_FM7Z6MRQFNIX#/applianceTemplates/3e897d4f-e384-49b4-9fca-f15a888a...

Following the steps of its documentation under "Accessing the appliance template" I want to login to SAP Web IDE under https://vhcalhdbdb.dummy.nodomain:53075

* With user XSA_ADMIN I can login but there is the error message "Error communicating with controller API: Response code 404 (not found), see webide-error-communicating.jpg

* With user SYSTEM I am missing authorisations, see webide-not-authorized.jpg

* The documentation states also a user DEVX_ADMIN_USER but it's not existing

Do you have an idea what might be the reason, what I am missing and how to solve this communicating issue?
I'm locally using Windows and Firefox browser.

Kind regards,
Andreas Fröhlich
Jedox AG, Freiburg, Germany

View Entire Topic
Taesuk
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Sorry for the error you have faced. We had some issues with the CAL template and when logging into the system with WEB IDE, the environment was not cleaned up correctly and had some old environment left in the template.

You can login with XSA_ADMIN and just delete the existing configuration as it is not a valid configuration.

Instead create a new "SAP HANA Database (Multitenant)" instance type with the following information.

• Host: vhcalhdbdb.dummy.nodomain
  • Identifiyer: Instance Number:90
  • Database: System
  • User: system
  • Password: <password used during CAL image creation>
  • save password option

Another connection for the Tenant Database

• Host: vhcalhdbdb.dummy.nodomain
  • Identifiyer: Instance Number:90
  • Database: Tenant Database - Name: HDB
  • User: system
  • Password: <password used during CAL image creation>
  • save password option

Please ignore the DEVX_ADMIN_USER, as the user doesn't exist.

We will resolve the issue once we roll out the new SPS07 version in a few months.

Best regards,

Tae-Suk Son

SAP HANA Product Management

vamsiintelgraph
Explorer
0 Kudos
Hello, your earlier post was helpful in connecting from HANA studio on my local computer to “SAP HANA Platform Edition 2.0 SPS06" provisioned in SAP CAL ...However i am facing an issue with connecting to the tenant HDB database using the same user id(system) and password, it say's not reachable..please let me know if any updates have been made which is preventing to access tenant DB