cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Error:13001. Product Not Registered with Update Service"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I continue to have problems installing my new product. I upgraded from CR 8.5 to CR XI. The install seemed to go okay, but I continue to have 'Register Your Product' on the Start Page.

If I click "Help/About CR" I can see that it is registered with my name, registration number and 25-char code. The 'Register Your Product' message does not go away though.

I've tried to re-register with the License Manager with the same results.

The CD's also installed CR XI without any Service Packs. It looks like there are 4 SP's out there so I tried to use the "Help/Check For Updates" link and I get this error:

"The Update Service does not recognize this product... Error: 13001. Product Not Registered with the Update Service."

I'm ready to return this product and cannot get any help by speaking to a person.

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks,

Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member260594
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Michael,

For the issue of being promtped to register your product please try installing Crystal Reports while logged onto Windows as the local Administrator. This usually means that the registration number is not being written to the registry so ensure the account has rights to do so.

As for the error you are receiving when checking for updates it appears there is an issue with the Update Service Server at this time and it should be resolved shortly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have uninstalled the trial version of crystal reports developer XI and installed the fully licensed version. I am still getting this error 13001. I am a local administrator on my machine. The product has been registered. The About Crystal Reports window says:

This product is registered to: OU-TULSA

Registration Number: 8764166534 Keycode: b6w60-10cs200-000gdg2-0cz1

Please provide a fix to this problem or I will return it. We are evaluating using this product or SQL Server Report Services, which is free.

Thank you,

Mark Molinari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed the evaluation version of Crystal Reports XI while I'm waiting for the paid for product to arrive. I am getting the error above while trying to Check For Updates even those the product is registered. I am a local administrator on my machine. The About Crystal Reports window shows:

This product is registered to: OU-Tulsa

Registration Number: 8795920533 Keycode: CP804-J7K3T08-0006VH1-AP81

Thank you,

Mark Molinari