cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" =currentuser() " as a default promt value

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello gurus,

Due to the database model and security i am working, I have to create a default prompt in a web I report which picks the Current user login ID in Infoview as default value and runs the report.

I tried using "=currentuser() " syntax in prompt value , it doesnt worked.

can we create formulae Promts which picks the va

I cant do this at Universe Level, as we dont have SSO enabled and the connection may be on different ID.

is there any possibility for my requirement. any alterations to SQL?

Please help me in this regards, or any work arounds.

Thanks

Prashanth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikbibo,

Your sentence got cut off. I think what you were going to ask was if you can create a prompt which picks a variable which you have created in the report. As far as I know, that is not possible. You need to create the object in the Universe with @variable(BOUSER).

You can use currentuser() in a report filter. I am not aware of being able to use this in the query filter panel unless it is created as I mentioned above in the Universe.

You could possibly set up a prompt with a custom list of values made up of available userids. Then filter on the report for CurrentUser() = Userresponse(). Or make a variable with an if statement such as:

If CurrentUser() = "ABC" then 1 elseif CurrentUser() = "XYZ" then 2.....

Hope that helps!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

How do you solve this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello anthon,

I created a Derived table with a @where (@BOUSER) as condition

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let's make sure that we're using the same terms here...

A prompt with a default implies that the value might be changed at runtime. The default value is simply the initial choice that is presented, but a user can change it.

A condition or query filter is applied without a prompt, and no change is possible. If you are using the current user value as a security setting, then you probably don't want to use a prompt. In that case, what was presented in the prior post is correct. You should make a condition in the universe using @Variable('BOUSER') and compare it to whatever value you need to match up with. By doing this, the security is applied based on the user running the report, and it cannot be changed.

To answer the original question, at least the way it's written, you cannot create a calculated default value in a prompt as of today's releases.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dave ,

Thanks for your reply, Based on my requirement it shouldnt even ask the user to change the value, just like a SAP EXIT in BW..

No issues, I got a work around, Issue is fixed now..

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Can you please post the workaround that you used. I might help other users out there with same situation.

Thanks,

-Kanthi