cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Create in a custom screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a custom tab named "Technical" in the Opportunity. In this tab, I have 3 AdvancedPaneList with add buttons.

I'm trying to link these button on a custom quick create, called Special Release.

I created Bo_Opp_Technical and add a dummy element just to enhance screens. But I need to know how to make an association to Bo_Opp_SpecialRelease.

In the button properties, QuickCreate is set in Semantic option,

Associated ThingTypeContainer is set to stratucture (not binded yet in datamodel)

Outport to QuickCreate is set to ToSpecialReleaseCreateOut outport

And the option Quick Create Inport?

OBN Navigation, Outport and event handler seens to be OK.

Outport, what is need to bind?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I cannot help you with the QC currently but there is a different feature called "List
Modification Form"
which can be used for your purpose.

Check out the  document that I created for that:

It is a bit faster than trying with the QC and is also used in standard UI's often. Still I also would be interessted to see how to make your own QC work for a list.

Cheers,
Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jens,

It worked!

Do you know a way to make field validations in the ListModificationForm?

I need to validate if ListModificationForm fields are not empty and are unique.

Thanks for helping

Jens-Limbach
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

I would try via the AfterModify of the respective node. Should work. But actually I have not tested it myself.

Cheers,
Jens

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

After seeing all your screen shots I understand that you are creating an EC within standard Opportunity as a Tab. Now my question is where are the fields( I mean which BO) you are showing in these ALPs( Advanced List Pane).

Generally we create an EC for showing the fields added in standard BO or to show the fields of a custom BO which is linked to Standard BO with some key.

In the way I see you are using the custom BO Bo_Opp_SpecialRelease and trying to link you data model root to standard BO which is confusing.

Because you cannot have add an association within XBO's. It is only possible to create an association to standard/custom BO's only within the Custom BO's but not in XBO.

Now coming to the QC Like behavior on the button which you are trying to achieve does not require all the steps you are doing provided you don't need to pass any data from here.

Just setting the Semantic to QC and binding the ID should Do. Nothing else is actually required.

But QC is used when you are embedding a complete BO within a ALP, like you have contact tab within account( as an example ).

Binding along with firing Outport and Inport are required when you need to pass some data from here the parent component which is normally the case when you have the button within TI.

Talking about the same example if you see the button new in contacts tab in Account TI it has a outport and inport mentioned because any contact created from Account should belong to same account and hence Account ID should be passed to link it to contact.

What Jens document has can be used in the case of creating a child node within a BO is what my understanding.

Most of the standard ALPs use this as Jens mentioned. But all the OWL's would have the button New which is a QC behavior if you had observed.

So my understanding is when you need to create a whole new BO which is linked to current BO it should be QC like behavior and when it is just a node with [0,n] relation List Modification Form makes sense.

Please feel to correct me if I am wrong.

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Thanks for helping.

I'm a bitconfused, so I removed the Bo_Opp_SpecialRelease to make it more understandable.

I created a node to make an association from Bo_Opp_Technical BO to childs (SpecialRelease).

The node SpecialRelease must be relationed with the ALP.

The QC must have two fields (z_specialReleaseNumber and z_specialReleaseDueDate).

The EC's root is linked to Opportunity (and EC ID -> Opportunity ID) to show EC as a Opportunity tab, Technical. And it is working in that way.

I removed the structure too.

Could you show me step-by-step how to do this? screen shots is not really needed

Please, feel free to make any questions, my english is ridiculous! LOL

vinodkumar_kommineni
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

As you are having the same ID as the Opportunity within your custom BO then you can call an Event on inport of your Tab which would take the ID received from Inport to read the BO and show it in the Tab

This might help you :http://scn.sap.com/community/business-bydesign/studio/blog/2013/12/11/guide-how-to-create-a-ec-of-xb...

In your case the binding should be done to the Custom BO. That's the only change

Now coming to your Add button, bind your Data list fields to the Fields in your child node and then, I think in this case it would be the option suggested by Jens.

Regards

Vinod