cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queue locking issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

XI is been used to migrate data from legacy system to SAP system. Sometimes the queue is getting locked. Once the queue is unlocked manually then the message is processed correctly. Could anyone through some light on the reason for this locking of queues? How can this be avoided? If the locking of the queues cannot be avoided is there any way to unlock the queues? There is a standard report RSQIWKEX available that can be scheduled in SAP system to automatically unlock the queues. I have set the IS configuration parameter

MONITOR QRFC_RESTART_ALLOWED to value 1.I tried executing this report after applying these settings but was not successful in unlocking the queues.

It would be really helpful if anyone can give us a direction in solving this problem.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Msgs are alwayz processed using Queues in XI. When a particular msg get stuck in queue or fails due to some reason ( like dump in abap code causes stuck in queus when you are using proxies in application system or may be receivere is not up at the time of delivering msg etc), next msgs in queue will wait for this msg to process successfully.

You can use SMQ1 or SMQ2 to activate & inactivate the queues. Also you can try to manually push stuck msg.

Upto my knowledge, it is not possible automatically hench somebody has to monitor queues in SMQ1 or SMQ2.

Regards

Sushil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Registering queues..

SMQ1 – qRFC Monitor for the outbound queue You can use this to monitor the status of the LUWs in the outbound queue.

SMQ2 – qRFC Monitor for the inbound queue. You can use this to monitor the status of the LUWs in the inbound queue.

SMQS – You can use the Outbound Queue Scheduler to register, deregister, and exclude destinations.

SMQR – You can use the Inbound Queue Scheduler to register and deregister queues

Refer this link..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/b0/eae2a889e711d2956500a0c94260a5/frameset.htm

You can use transaction SMOHQUEUE (Replication Queues Monitor) for displaying the

Replication Queue Monitor and information about.

http://www.realtech.com.sg/wDeutsch/software/application_manager/Applications/SAP/CRM_DC_WP_EN.pdf

http://documents.bmc.com/supportu/documents/92/28/59228/59228.pdf

I hope this will help you..

Kumar.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to deregister the queues?

prasanthi_chavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

you have to register the Queues in the tcode SXMB_ADM --> Manage Queues --> Register the Queues.

otherwise run program: RSXMB_REGISTER_QUEUES.

>><i>Could anyone through some light on the reason for this locking of queues? </i>

Locking of queue happens if we delete any LUW in the queue. So then we need to unlock the queue and refresh it. Dont forget to register ur queues. Go to tcode SMQR and register all ur queues.

Regards,

Prasanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this blog by Naveen.

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/11/29/xi-how-to-re-process-failed-xi-messages-automatically

thanks,

Venkat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

Try to de-register your queues and register them again..

Regards,

Kumar