cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding RSRREPDIR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I was able to retrieve a table containing all the queries in our production system from the begining of our implementation several years ago.

How is the field "STATUS" determined?? Is there a time frame that a query, EVEN if it is ACTIVE ( meaning Version = A) becomes "STATUS = INACTIVE"?

I do not get the logic in determining how "Status" is made "INA" or "ACT". Because we have several queries with VERSION "A", meaning they are the active version and have a STATUS of "INA". Can anyone shed any light on this for me?

Thanks,

Pashang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is very strong correlation between Status and REPTIME/GEN1TIME fields.

Probably, Version A means that a query is validated and ready to run (without inconsistencies).

Status ACT may mean that either the query was at least once ran. But most likely, there is some 'expiration period', for example 2 years from today, after which status become INA if the query wasn't ran during this time.

Best regards,

Eugene

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Thanks for the response, do you know how I would go about finding out the exact time period that turns a STATUS from "ACT" to "INA". I thought it was something like a time period of 3 months, but today when I checked the RSRREPDIR table I was surprised to find queries with the STATUS of "INA" coming in OCTOBER.

This table does not provide a way for me to determine when a query was last run/used. Besides, going to the statistics cube, is there a way to determine that?? The reason I do not want to use the statistics cube, is that some cubes, and hence several queries where not turned for statistics reporting. I am trying to reconcile that issue in this exercise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.