cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query View within Workbook

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

If I have saved a query view as a jump target within a workbook, can I use this query view as a data provider for a Web Template?

I have to write some VBA in this workbook such that it modifies the view and then use this for a Web Template.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can use the query view as a dataprovider in your web template, but the VBA will not reflect in the template. Because whatever modification that you did with the data in the workbook with VBA is more of an Excel thing than BW.

Rajneesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

Thanks for the reply. So is there a way to modify a query view using either VBA or JavaScript before using it as a data provider for a Web Template?

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Satyajit,

VBA comes into picture only in Bex Analyser(Excel).

You can modify data of a table item in web template which is assigned by a data provider. Pls check out this document.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d8eee909-0701-0010-9b88-c84...

Javascript can be used to further improve the functionality of a web template but not the data.

hope this helps

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Alright, so can I do some ABAP coding so as to modify or set the result that is being returned by a query. I need to modify the results and use these results to plot a chart on the Web Template. I'll not have a table item to work with.

I can't modify the query itself because I've tried that and have remained unsuccessful to attain the desired result.

Thanks,

Satyajit.

Answers (0)