cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Revenue by quarters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to create a query which should display the sales revenue by quarters. Currently the infoprovider has the value only for 0calmonth and I was able to create a query with the result as sales revenue by month for a particular year. Could someone please assist me how we can create a query which should display the sales value by quarters instead of month.

I would appreciate if someone can send me the detailed steps for this.

Thanks,

Bregards,

Bala

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

You could try creating 4 Restricted Key Figures in your query,

In the bex query designer right click in the columns area and select New Selection, change the name to something meaningful, Quarter 1, drag 0amount and 0calmonth in the details selection side of the screen ( and anyother restrictions you require), double click calmonth and in the Show drop down select value range, select between, calmonth 1 for the first input and calmonth 3 for the second, then click the blue right arrow and hit ok.

so this column will only display sales from calmonths 1-3,

repeat this process for calmonths 4-6, 7-9, 10-12

Hope this helps

Josh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs. I did create the new selection for Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 as you suggested and assigned the amount. However the output didn't show any data... it's showing only 4 columns q1, q2, q3 and q4.

Am I still missing something?

Should I need to put anything under Rows part? I left them as blank.

Bregards,

Bala

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Krish

You should create this report in the same way you created your original query on the sales breakdown by month for the year, same restrictions, same key figure etc just include the Q1-4 columns, im assuming values came through with that query? did you use 0amount or another characteristic in that query?

you shouldnt need anything in the rows as your columns should just be picking up a amount break down by period, only include something in the rows if you want a further break down of the quarterly sales eg by cost centre.