cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on ChaRM control on BAU v/s Project landscapes

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have Business-as-Usual landscape(DEV, QAS, PRD) which is controlled by ChaRM (maintenance project). To this environment, we plan to add a project landscape with Dev(P) and QA(P) systems for project activities.

Can we use BAU Solution Manager - where ChaRM is configured - to control developments in project landscape and later cutover respective project transports to BAU landscape?

Thanks in advance,

Shaji

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are looking to use the Retrofit Functionality of ChaRM and here is a good blog for this:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Invycktus,

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I have seen the blog on retrofit functionality. The retrofit procedure assists in moving BAU changes to project landscape.

My query is on sort of "reverse retrofit" I mean, can I create an Implementation Project in BAU Solution Manager as follows?

Dev(Prj) --> QA(Prj) --> Test(Project) --> DEV --> QAS --> PRD

Please note, DEV --> QAS --> PRD is already controlled by a Maintenance Project for BAU support. Can the implementation project and maintenance project co-exist on same Solution Manager for same SIDs?

Thanks again,

Shaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

To bluntly answer your question, yes this can be done with using the different projects for the same SID's.

To dwelve deeper, what you are doing is probably not reverse retrofit, since your "test" is actually a placeholder system until you move to DEV-BAU. Remember the cutover path from Implementation to Steady State Maintenance could lead to either PRD-BAU or QA-BAU or DEV-BAU since that cutover is manual.