cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Exception Highlighting - How to set thresholds to +/- infinity

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to set the thresholds for exception (cell) highlighting to negative or postive infinity? (For example: highlight all metrics red that are less then zero, and highlight all metrics green that are greater then zero)? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You do not have to enter a value range when creating your exception parameters. You can change the Boolean from "Between" to "Less Than" with value "0" for the red exceptions, and "Greater Than" with value "0" for the green ones.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bob, I'm having trouble finding where you change the boolean from between to less than or greater then. What screen has this functionality?

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is in the BI 7.0 Query designer, not in the 3.5 version...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah I'm working with BW 3.5 right now. BI 7.0 Query designer seems to contain a lot more useful options.. especially with the Cell Definition. Does that mean that I can set the lower exception from # to 0 (red), and the upper exception from 0 to # (green) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also working with BW 3.5. The Booleans do show up, but only when creating exceptions in the Web template, not in the Query Designer.

However, you can just put in a max or a min in the Query Designer (3.5), and it will have the same effect. You may have to enter a "#" in the field you want to leave blank (i.e., + or - "infinity"), but it has been a while since I did this so I'm not sure if that is how it works.

Also, I seem to recall that sometimes when I did this, I had to save the exception then re-edit it because it messed up the ranges or something the first time. After the re-edit, as I recall everything worked, though.

Hope this helps...

Bob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bob, using # for infinity will work in 3.5. I also noticed that you have to re-edit the exception in Query Designer after you save it (it tends to put an additional exception from # to # ).

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189638
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create two exceptions. Use an infinity value like 999,999,999,999 which should defenitely be greater than teh key figure for which you are using the exception.

For values less than zero

To: 0

Alert Level : Red

For values greater than zero

To: 999,999,999,999

Alert Level : Green