cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Designer/Output problems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a query defined on an ODS (ODS1). In one of the keyfields (K1) of the ODS, delta data has been loaded. It has two navigational attributes (NAV1 and NAV2). In K1,

the data is:

NAV1 NAV2

1000 100

2000 100

3000 100

4000 100

When i execute the query, the output is as follows:

NAV1 NAV2

1000 100

2000 100

3000 #

4000 #

What might be the reason for getting '#' in the output for 2 of the records.

I have another Key field (K2) in ODS1. K2 has a navigational attribute (NAV3).

Even though this attribute is checked in the Navigational attributes section of the ODS,

i can't find this field in the Data part (left wndow) section of the query designer defined on this ODS.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nav3: This should be in the key section. Also, check if the infoobject is marked as attribute only in the general tab.

If you are using navigational attributes, then the data will not come form the ODS but form the master data of the characteristic. Check if hte characteristic has master data in the active version. (SE16 --> /BI0orC/M<InfoObject>

Cheers

Aneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aneesh,

Nav3 will be in Data section of the query designer. There are two other navigational attributes (Nav4, Nav5)of Key Field (K2) which appear in the Data Section of the query designer. But, for some reason this does not appear either in Key Figures/Data/Key section. There is something to mention about these.

Both NAV4 and NAV5 attributes of Info object K2 are SAP defined. NAV3 is custom defined (which shouldn't be a problem).

I checked this using listcube defined on ODS1. I can see NAV3 in listcube but not in the query designer.

Any help is appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Just a basic check..

In your ODS have you checked whether the Attributed that are not showing up are marked as Navigational ( Check Box ) in the <b>NavAttribute</b> tab in the ODS Definition..

Please let me know..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Yes, it has been checked in the Navig. attribute section of the ODS. But, i cannot see that in the ODS. I can see few other custom defined navigational attributes from the same ODS in the Query designer. As i mentioned, even though i find this in the listcube, i cannot find this in query designer.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Please check the following 2 notes..Is any one of them relevant to your problem..

Ashish.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

have you activated characteristic master data after delta load?

rsa1 -> InfoObjects -> your characteristic K1 -> right click -> activate master data

Regards,

Andrzej

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

588374 was of little help. Our scenario is different than the one mentioned in the note. But, the workaround mentioned can be implemented in our scenario if need arises.

I cannot close this question because my other question is still unanswered.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

Any success..Please let us know if you solved your problem..

If not can you give any more pointers as to understand the problem better...

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ashish,

I activated the data in the K1 info object. That solved the first problem.

Even though you gave the note numbers, i am still looking for something convincing as i said the notes scenraio doesn't apply to us.

For K2, if i expand K2 in the key part section of the query designer, i can see NAV3. But, even though the attribute is marked as navigational, i cannot see that as a separate characteristic in the Data part/Key section.

Thank you.

Message was edited by: Govind Sehgal

Answers (0)