cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Changes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I developed a query, assigned it to package, then the BEx transport and it was transported to BW Q system.

Now I need to make changes to this query in Dev. What are the steps to be followed?

When i look at this query (without changes) in the Transport Work Bench, It only has package assigned to it. Some query elements or objects have a transport request on it created by different user.

Can anyone explain and tell the exact steps to be followed for making changes to my query.

Thanks,

Raj Hundia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

First create a new BEx transport request and then assign the query to it. Make the necessary changes and then again transport this newly created transport request to the Quality system.

You need to collect all the elements related to the query into the transport.

Hope this solves your doubts...

Edited by: Puneesh Gupta on Jun 3, 2009 4:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gupta,

My doubt is:

In my query I am usign objects /elements which already have a request no assigned by a different user. In the sense if I assign the transport request to the query, i shall be locking the objects used by the different user.

Do I need to transport these objects and if not how can I not say not to transport this particular object.

Thanks

Hundia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you get any status message : 'transport Request 'XXX' is not available or suitable' when you have opened the Query.If you get this error that means the Transport Request XXX is already released.

Now to make changes to the Query,first capture the Query in a Request using RSA1 transport Connection and then assign it to a Request,when you make changes to the Query,it will be

captured in the Request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the objects/elements which are assigned to a transport request by another user are already present in the Quality system, and also not changed into the development system, then you just need to transport the query along with newly created or changed objects/elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sujatha,

I do not get such message when I open the query in query designer in Dev system.

The tranpsort request assigned to this query shows the release mark in Dev. Now when I check in BWQ system the query exist i.e. it has been transported.

Hence what would the appropriate steps be:

Should I create a new BEx Transport Request for this query, make changes and then release it

Thanks,

Hundia

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the Request is released and the Query is available in Quality then

you collect the Query in Transport Request through RSA1 Trasnport

Connection and then make necessary changes and then release the

Request and transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujatha,

Last clarification:

This Query is attached to a Multiprovider which in turn attached to cube. The multiprovider already has a tranport request assigned to it. I shall be transporting this separately

Should I select this to be also transported(right click on query in Transport Workbench and select transport all)

Thanks,

Hundia

Former Member
0 Kudos

As multiProvider or cube are already transported,no need of collecting them in the

Request.Collect only Query Elements and for others select donot transport below(which

are not required to transport)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I collect the query in Transport Bench. Right click and select transport all below

2. Assign Package (Its already assigned to the right package)

3. I then click on the BEx Transport Button.

4. I click on Assign button and create a new request.

5. When I check in RTO for this request, no query elements have been selected.

What am i doing wrong

Thanks

former_member200211
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi...

After collecting the query into the request, modify the query according to your requirements and all the relevant query elements will be collected under that request.

Then relase the request and check for the changes in the next system.

Hope it helps!!!

Thanks

Lavanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Once I collect the query, do I need to reassign the package to the query and its elements. They already belong to the required package.

Secondly as per your solution, i collect the query, assign a BEx Transport Request, make changes to query and the system will automatically collect the changed objects.

Is this correct?

Thanks

Hundia

former_member200211
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi raj,

If the transport is assigned to the required package no need to reassign it..And yes...once you collect the query into Bex request and make changes....the query elements will automatically get collected under that request.

Thanks

Lavanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

One more doubt:

Once the query is collected in the necessary mode, do I need to select Transport checkbox against the elements I need to transport before I assign a Transport request.

OR Just assign the transport request, make chnages in query and only those objects will be collected.

Thanks

Raj

former_member200211
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi raj...

You have to select the transport checkbox beside the query name and right click on it and click on transport all below..after that just verify if all the elements is having the checkbox checked.....

after that..assign the transport request and carry on with your changes and save it ....

Thanks

Lavanya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the Previous Tranport Request is released ,then you collect the Query in

new request through Transport Connection and then make changes required

to it.The new Request will capture the changes done.Once the changes are

complete the you can release this Request and trasnport it to Quality

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sujatha. But certain clarifications. Are the foll steps correct:

1. I first open the query and make changes OR Do I first need to assign a BEx Transport Request.

2. I then collect the query in transport connection and assign BEx Transport

3. But i have certain objects or elements having a request no assigned by user. Do I need to collect or transport these too?

4. I then release the query

Pls confirm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st assign to a BEx Transport Request

2nd make changes

3rd release the query

regards Sven