cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query as a web service parameter passing problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are facing a problem using QAAWS in Xcelsius to make the dashboard dynamic.

In QAAWS when we are passing any number parameter like week it is fetching the data but when we are trying to pass any character value like month or date format its not fetching any data.

I want to know what is the problem, is the problem with Xcelsius or it is a BW cube issue whose data type is not matching with BO universe datatype?

Please help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lipika,

Problem is with the format of the data you input in the parameter ...

Example:

Say Cube has a char Calendar year Month and you are trying to pass a value to this, you should know the format of that i.e. 200810 and if you try to input 102008 it will throw an error or it will not retrieve any data in Xcelsius.

Ensure you enter the value in correct format in the dashboard so that it will pass to Universe and then further to the cube.

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anil,

we are passing the parameter value as the format it has in the cube.

for example:- the cube has month parameter "AUG", we are passing it in the same way.

but still the query is uanble to fetch data from the cube.

former_member186358
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lipika,

Just check if there is data available for that month or that variable value, in the cube.

-Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Please check the format of the month. In my query return the month like this 'JAN, 'FEB etc.

i am passing the same format, fetching data from the BW.

Regards,

Kumar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

The format of the parameter in BW cube is like 2009008, and we are passing the same value in same fromat in xcelsius parameter.but still unable to fetch data from the cube.

Answers (0)