cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quantity fields + Datasource creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why can´t i create a new datasource based on a structure/ table whichs contains currency / quantities fields? Is about the value reference tables?

What are the best choice to replace these fields? Create another Z domain based on a DEC(13,3) DDIC object? is that right?

Sorry if my question is quite simple, but i´m new in BW!

tks!

André

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre

This is because You tried to generate an extract structure with the template structure say Table VBAP. This operation failed, because the template structure quantity fields or currency fields, for example, field CMPRE_FLT refer to a different table.

Hence I would advise you to create a view (Z - Custom one ) and in this view maintain all units of quantity and currency fields.

Hope this helps

Regards

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for the inputs however I have a query regarding the view creation. If Structure gives the error for quantity field so the same error will be replicated with view.

Please can you detail your explanation with example.

Problem : I have created a datasource ZSTANDARD_COST_PRICE using Function Module method . The datasource creation is successfull when I remove the quantity field from the table . If I dont remove the quantity field from my Z table it gives an error as "Units Field WAERS for field STPRS of datasource ZSTANDARD_COST_PRICE is hidden". I am not able to remove this error . Please someone guide.

Let me know if my explanation is not clear enough.

Thanks in advance,

Neha.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of create a new field ....maybe you can create a generic function module for etract the data from your table...it maybe will be easier...and you dont need to change the table

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a Data source using Function Module. Attached link explain steps of doing it.

Hopefully this should help.

However I am facing error for Currency fields...

"Units field WAERS for field STPRS of DataSource ZSTANDARD_COST_PRICE is hidden".

Please let me know if anyone has idea what hidden means in this case... : )

Structure definition is as below :

MATNR MATNR CHAR 18 0 Material Number

BWKEY BWKEY CHAR 4 0 Valuation area

LFGJA LFGJA NUMC 4 0 Fiscal Year of Current Period

STPRS STPRS CURR 11 2 Standard Price

PEINH PEINH DEC 5 0 Price Unit

VJSTP VJSTP CURR 11 2 Standard price in previous year

VJPEI VJPEI DEC 5 0 Price unit of previous year.

I have checked reference table as T001 and field as WAERS.

Cheers,

Neha.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Andre

u can create a datasource in Source system as well as in BW, To create datasource in SAP R/3, u have to go in R/3 create a view nbased on tables which serves u the needed information- then make view consistent - yeas currency fields do create problem so select cuurency field suitably - make key joins to other table - make sure u have to join evry key field, otherwise view dont become consistant, and if view is not consistent then it wont deliver data into the datasource as well- create datasource by RSO2-activate it - replicate in BW.

If u are creating datasource in BW then u haev to create export datasource on the dataprovider in BW.

Hope it is suitable for ur query.

Assign points if it works.