cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q: BOBJ reports in SAP Enterprise Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We want to be able to access Business Objects reports (Crystal Reports and WebIntelligence Reports) via the SAP Enterprise Portal. The integration between SAP BI and BOBJ is completed, and we can create WebI and CR reports based on our SAP queries, but we have not been able to understand how to publish the reports in the portal.

Does anybody have any idea of how to publish these reports (for instance if it is possible to create a direct link to the report in InfoView)?

Any help appreciated,

Thank you in advance,

Mikael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

take a look at the installation documentation of the int.KIT for SAP. Look for "Managing the SAP Enterprise portal". The options and the way to go are explained there (iView Templates, URL iView).

Regards,

Stratos

PS: A very simple way is to use an URL iView and apply an openDocument URL. Not the recommended one though. But I used couple of times

0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

take a look also at this document from Ingo

link: https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00ee3b2-5283-2b10-f1bf-8c6413e0...

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I think you are both refering to the same documentation (https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/a00ee3b2-5283-2b10-f1bf-8c6413e0898f), at least that is the only one I have been able to find.

This however only briefely mentions that there are some iviews and that it should be possible to create a WebI report from the portal. It does however not mention anything about how...

Any more ideas?

BR Mikael

0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

this is the quick (URL iView) but not the recommended (BOBJ iView Template) way:

1. Log on the BOBJ InfoView, locate your report and look at its properties. Write down its CUID.

2. Go into the SAP Portal and create a new URL iView using following URL

http://<name of bobj web server:port of boboj web server>/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sIDType=CUID&iDocID=<CUID of your report>

Regards,

Stratos

NOTE: The openDocument URL works for BOBJ XI 3.x installations with Tomcat. Please look in the documentation about the syntax if you are using IIS.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

- you first of all have to setup trust between the Portal and your BI system

- the BI system has to be setup as an entitlement system in the CMC of your BOE server

- roles have to be imported

- you need to import the iView template into the portal (see installation guide for location of the PAR file)

- you then need to setup a System Landscape (or use an existing one) and provide the details of the BOE server for the "Crsystal Enterprise" property category

then you should be able to create a new iview based on the template pointing to your BOE server.

does that help

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

The Portal and BI trusts each other and the steps in the BOBJ Installation Kit for SAP has been followed. We get Portal run time errors when trying to execute the iviews. I believe the problem is related to incomplete setup of the Business Objects Repository.

Could you please let me know if this repository is supposed to be setup during the installation of the Integration Kit (in which case we have had some installation problem), or if this should be configured manually (if it should be setup manually, do you know of any how-to-guide)?

Thank you in advance,

Mikael

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you mentioned the "repsitory" several times and I just want to clarify one item:

are you trying to leverage iViews to show the content or are you trying to use the Knowledge Mgmt Integration with the BOE Server ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Primary objective is to be able to use iviews to access the content (iviews to execute Crystal Reports and WebIntelligence reports from the EP). I tought the BusinessObjects repository was used by the iviews to connect to BOBJ and fetch the metadata needed to run the reports.

Please let me know if this is incorrect. If you have some information/examples on exactly how the iviews actually work that would be great.

Best regards,

Mikael

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

when you create the iView you can use for example the OpenDocument application to display the content of the report. You basically calling an URL at the end.

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I have created a link in KM in EP which opens up a WebI report by accessing a link like: http://<server>:<port>/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?iDocId=<document_id>&sType=wid&sDocName.... I assume this is what you meant in your last post. This works, but the problem is that then I am again prompted for login (the login is not sent from the EP to BOBJ), so this cannot really be used in out landscape.

Regarding the option to integrate the KM, does this require manual setup after the Integration Kit installation? If yes, could you please describe what should be done?

Thank you in advance,

Mikael

0 Kudos

Hi Mikael,

do you use the full domain name for your web server (i.e. <server name>.<domain>) in your URL?

Are your EP and the BOBJ server in the same domain?

Did you get also an error message displayed on the top of the BOBJ logon screen?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Efstratios,

I did not use the full domain name, if I do, then I do not get prompted for login. Thank you.

Best regards,

Mikael

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

full qualified domain is a pre-requisite for SSO to work based on tickets

ingo