Thanks

Mohit Gupta 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

The reports in public folders may be intended to show data to users of different groups with different security access levels. Purging the data and saving the report ensures that data is maintained confidential.

Another beneift of purging is, if a report has large amount of data with it, saving the report without purging will imply that the data also have to saved along with it, this can add a little burden on the repository.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

It is also good practice to purge the data in Webi, before sending from 1 domain to other domain as it transfers data easily.

Regards,

M

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Would you be able to explain the point that data is transferred easily from one domain to another?  I'm not sure what is meant by this.

With thanks
Gill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gill Leo,

I mean, If our webi report contains bulk data, in such cases if we apply purge, The system improves its performance & end user can able to see reports efficiently, instead of waiting for loading/retrieving time.

Hopes i have clarified ur doubt.

Regards,

M

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I was confused when you talked about transferring data from one domain to another.

I am not so sure that purging data will make any difference performance wise, to see current data you will need to refresh your query.  However I accept that if you have an instance of the data and the users views that then there is a performance help, but that doens't really relate to purging.

With regards

Gill

gleo_SRAM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

I think its good practice not to store any data in a Webi document, it should always be refreshed each time the users opens the document to ensure that you are looking at the most current data.

With regards

Gill