cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchasing ODS re-initialization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do I have to delete R/3 set up table and then set-up again to reinitialize purchasing ODS?

We have a purchasing ODS (2LIS_02_ITM and 2LIS_02_SCL)that has some data issues resulting from DELTA but not from intialization.

Until the problem can be solved (a little while out due to resource contstraints), I was wondering if I could delete the data and re-initialize the data each weekend without deleting and reloading the set-up tables in R/3.

thanks. Tina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sachin_kulshrestha2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If problem is related to your delta like let say you have missed delta records in the ODS because of some mistake while loading then you will have to reintialize the setup table. If not then you can delete the data from setup table using context menu on the ods.

Other way to could be let say you know for which document no. the delta has been missed out then you can create a new infopack which should be full load with repair option ticked and in your selection tab remember to give the doucment no. which you are looking for.

Hope this Helps!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstina:

This depends on your data volume. if you have less data i advise to do a setup tables, or else as mentioned by subray you can drop the load and do a reinit.

please be advised about the further loads from 2LIS_02_SCL/ITM, where in you also need to drop the data.

assign points if helpful

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

what do you mean by 'be advised about further loads'? My thought was to delete the ODS data, delete the initialization, and reinitialize. For R/3, I would make sure that no postings were occuring, run load control, and delta to make sure not to lose data.

Tina

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chirstina:

i mean, if you have any further updates from the ODS INIT to any other IC/ODS.

open your INIT infopacake and go to data targets tab, if you see any other data targets there apart from your PUR ODS, then in a sense you are deleting the INIT for them too. i hope you got it now.

assign points if helpful

thanks

kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christina,

You do not need to delete and reload the setup tables if you want to re-initialize the ODS. It is enough if you just drop the load from ODS. Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards

Subray Hegde