cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing in UDDI Registry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm trying to publish a webservice in the Test UDDI registry (that comes with the NetWeaver server). The scenario is: I've a stateless ejb and created a WSD and VI for the same. Now I'm trying to publish this service. I'm stuck up with the tModel Key.

I'd appreciate if anybody could enlighten me with what exactly tModel Key is and how to create one and what exactly is the starting point to publish into the registry. (Tried to publish the service through the Netweaver studio and still stuck up with the same tModel key problem).

Any pointers would highly be regarded.

Thanks in advance,

Rajit Srinivas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think the question is simply: What tModel key does one have to enter if one wants to publish a Web Service definition via the IDE? The documentation is so helpful to tell us: "Enter information in rest of the tabs for specifying your tModel". If I do not enter a tModel key, I get the error message "Invalid key passed: Unknown TModel key in reference. TModel key :uuid:c1acf26d-9672-4404-9d70-39b756e62ab4". Moreover I think that this question is still unanswered.

zubev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jakob,

When publishing a WSD in UDDI via the IDE you don't have to specify any tModelKey. The problem you get is caused either because the UDDI Server is not set up correctly (if an SAP internal one) or your UDDI Server does not support the standard taxonomies.

In order to set up the UDDI Server that comes with NW04, follow http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/0a/5da45f4f744223b04ab7339e3fe4c3/content.htm.

It's essential that the taxonomies are preloaded using the "Reset DB" button

Best regards,

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, Alexander. Initializing the UDDI server did the trick. (Actually I had thought that I had done this already. This remembrance wasn't even wrong --- but I had done it on another machine.)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

have you seen the documentation about publishing a WSD as tModel? I guess it'll help you get out of where you now are:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/54/2006bb88da483e9b8dc420680f756f/frameset.htm

Hope that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Ivanov,

I checked the link pointed by you but that doesnt talk about specifying any tmodel key. As I go along with the steps mentioned in the link, it gives an error because I donot provide the key but the last step reports the tModel key to be updated in the Studio.

I'm still not clear with the tModel key creation.

The problem is I'm not able to locate exactly where should the key be first created.

Thanks,

Rajit.

zubev
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajit,

A Web Service Definition is represented in UDDI as a tModel. Each tModel has a unique tModelKey.

A Web Service is represented in UDDI as a Business Service.

If you want to specify that a Web Service "implements" a specific WSD in UDDI terms, you have to create a Binding Template in the Business Service and the Binding Template should contain an InstanceInfo. Inside this InstanceInfo you have to specify the tModelKey of the WSD tModel.

If you first publish the WSD in UDDI via the IDE, its tModelKey will be saved. Later when you publish the Web Service in UDDI via the Visual Admin, the tModelKey reference will be added automatically.

If you do not follow this scenario, then you have to manually find the WSD tModel and copy/paste its tModelKey.

Best regards,

Alexander