cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish Crystal Report to web server doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I hope I've selected the porper forum for this question.

I have created a report using Crystal Reports.Net that comes packaged with Visual Studio.Net 2005 Professional. Everything works fine when I view it from localhost but when I publish it to our web server, I get an error in my web.config regarding the CrystalImageHandler.

I've done some research and found that I have to install the Crystal Reports.Net 2.0 Framework on the web server for this to work. Is this the case or is there another way I can do this?

Also, I've read that the version of Crystal reports that comes with Visual Studio.Net is free to use on development but there may be a license fee if moving to production. Is this the case as well.

Thanks

Rob

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob,

If you want deploy the application on production server you need to install the runtimes on server. You can get server install for CR 10.2 from your development machine from following Path :

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\BootStrapper\Packages\CrystalReports\CRRedist2005_x86.msi

Install this on your production server and then run your application.

When you are using Bundled version of crystal reports there is no licensing constraints.

Thanks,

Prasad

ted_ueda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are restrictions when using Crystal Reports .NET that comes bundled with Visual Studio in a web application, as described [here|http://www.businessobjects.com/pdf/products/reporting/crystalreports/crystal_reports_for_vs_net.pdf].

• 3.1.6 Written consent required for use outside of your organization by 3rd parties.

• 3.1.8 Only single deployment, no clustering, i.e., Web Farms or Gardens.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prasad,

I will try this as soon as I can, however, I have to get approval from the IT department in order for them to install this CRRedist2005_x86.msi file as they are not sure how this will affect the rest of the server.

Hopefully this can be done quickly.

Thanks again,

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

I checked in the web server's WINNT\assembly directory on the web server that I will be publishing to and I noticed all the Crystal Report assemblies that are required with the same version numbers that I have in my web.config...Do I still need to install CRRedist2005_x86.msi?

Thanks

Rob

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was going to install the Crystal Reports.net 2.0 framework but I noticed all of the assemblies are installed on the target web server in the WINNT/assembly folder. Not sure now if I need to install this.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are working with assemblies of version 10.2, all you need is CRRedist2005_x86.msi. That will create the correct directory (C:\Program Files\Business Objects\2.7\Bin), add the assemblies ot the gac and your app shouls run from there. You most certainly do not need CR 12 assemblies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek,

I will get our server guys to install this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please make sure that your web.config points to the correct crystal DLLs of version 10.2.3600.0. These will be under the <assembly> </assembly> tags.

Also the line that should be included is:

<httpHandlers><add verb="GET" path="CrystalImageHandler.aspx" type="CrystalDecisions.Web.CrystalImageHandler, CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

</httpHandlers>

This has to be before the tag: </system.web>

Hope it helps !

AG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks A G,

All the correct information seems to be in order and it is that line that is giving me the error.