Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publication - Dynamic Recipient delivery rules

former_member277624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am bursting a report with dynamic recipients. On occasions there will be no rows of data for some of the recipients (which is fine). However, currently WEBI is emailing these reports even though there is no data in the report. I want to be able to surpress emails where the report has no rows of data.

How can I set up the publication in WEBI 4.2 so that the email is only sent to the recipients if there are rows of data associated with that recipient?

(I don't have access to the CMC)

Thanks

Will

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello, Delivery Rules for webi documents in publications was added as an enhancement in BI 4.2 SP3. If you are on 4.2 SP3 or later, you should be able to set "Delivery Rules" for webi documents so that blank documents do not get delivered.

former_member277624
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Norleen

Thank you for your answer. I tried this but it still emails the recipient. Is this delivery rule supposed to surpress delivery if there are no rows of data for that recipient based on the Personalization?

Will

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if is there any hidden column or table in the report which has data..otherwise with Personalization blank report will not genrate..