cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA Further Update on Process Chain

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to use PSA Further update step on a process chain. I noticed that everytime I use this step it is using only one BTC procssors to load the data into datatarget.

On the other hand If I have an Infopackage set to PSA and DATATARGET parallel (2nd option in the Procss tab of IP) in the process chain the load is able to use same number of DIA process as the number of Data Packets. We have over 400 DIA processors available.

My question is can I able to use multiple DIA processes if I use PSA Further Update step?

Thanks

haran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not have any issue with using IP and able to use multiple DIA to load data but when it comes to having the PSA load only. I am having issue. instead of having a one step process now I have two step where IP to bring the data into PSA and then 2nd step to update the DataTarget from PSA. In this case the 2nd step is using only one processors BTC processror. If I used IP then I will be able to use mutliple DIAs to load data into DataTarget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well I want to use the DIAs.. Currently if i use PSA further update step on the process chain it is only using one BIC processor to process entire loads. I know we have 400DIAs cuz I checked all the APP servers we have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haran

I don't think it is using only one DIA for complete process chain. May be for the start processing it is using one DIA and after infopackage loading is started loads will split as per availability of servers and apparantly various DIA's. In general this is how it works.

Check this thread if it helps

Thnaks

Sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haran

A quick question. How do you know you have 400 DIA Processes? You could do Infopackages to run in parallel in Process chain and it should help to reduce DIA processes

Also check this thread if it helps

Thnaks

sat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone help me?