cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSA Data in Update Rules

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to get at some data in the PSA table from within an update rule.

Can anybody tell me how I can access the current request that is being loaded?

The communication structure does not contain the request and it is possible that the data I want was in more than one request.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Transactional data have one transfer structure assigned to the infosource. Infosource is feeding update rules. So, it is 1:1 relationship between transfer structure (PSA) and update rules.

There is a way to access the data of the last request (in general, to all requests) in PSA related to the transfer structure.

Though it is a rather big program.

Are you sure that you want to do it this way?

Best regards,

Eugene

Message was edited by: Eugene Khusainov

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Based upon all of your helpful answers it appears that I would be better doing it on the CRM side, so that's what I'll do.

Thanks,

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

I think this is regarding ur previous post assigning header status to the items... i believe.

Can you tell be how u r getting data from your datasource and how u want to manipulate.

You only want to access the previous request or all the previous requests u r loaded.....??

If you want all the data in ODA just do info building. Measn load data from ODS to Same ODS and do manipulations.

Hope this helps.

Srii

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

What I would like to do is access the header record in the PSA when loading the item.

To access the PSA table I need the request number, but it is not available in the comm_structure in the update rules routine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not aware of your previous postings...but don't you can look at header data in some provider rather than PSA table ? Don't forget that if you create (and use) some other IPs, the table will change !

Could you please explain with some more detail your requirement?

Bye,

Roberto

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a previous posting from earlier today, but the thread was kind of changing and I thought it was more appropriate to ask this question in a new posting.

Basically I am using datasource 0CRM_COMPLAINTS_I which contains the header and the items in the same datasource.

I want to report both the header and item status in a query so I want to replicate the header status into the items.

I could do it by enhancing the datasource but that seems a bit long winded. I was hoping that in the update rules I could access the header to pick up the status. However, as the ODS data will not be active I was advised to look at the PSA. Problem is, I need the request number to access the PSA and it is not in the comm_structure in the update rules.

0 Kudos

hi Stuart,

it's good you gave us the 'whole picture', now we understand it's dealing with crm complaints data, my suggestion is fill the header status for item data in crm side (see my reply in your previous posting). there i gave you an overview logic, will need go to system for the details - field name of header status data etc, i guess the table is crmd_orderadm_h for header and using header guid (guid) should get it done - meanwhile perhaps somebody with crm system will help.

• hi Stuart, i was late again, after post the above message, i saw your last reply. still i think better you do it in crm side, i believe later your user will ask for new information that not exist in business content, by that time you have to enhance datasource.

Message was edited by: A.H.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart...

just a thought...

why don't you look in new data table in the ODS ???

thecardinal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well I suggested that in the prvious posting but nobody agreed with me.

That would be the ODS table ending in 40 right?

I'd certainly give that a go before enhancing the datasource.

former_member188975
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

We do a lot of CRM analytics on BW and for all the instances where we want to have the Header info on the Line item level too, we have enhanced the item datasource with the header fields. This may seem a bit "long winded", but is really not all that difficult and we find this better to manage with daily data load activities, instead of creating dependancies between the loads.

Regards,

Bhanu