Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

proper way of adding input fields to fiori report list

YanGerzon
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the reccomended way of adding an input field with value help to the smart filter bar in freestyle report list fiori app?
Is this It?
https://sapui5.hana.ondemand.com/sdk/#/topic/3a515829ffd74239878ebc0d453d001d

To be more precise, my app is made up of a report list and gets data from an external odata source.
Im adding the fields in the xml view file.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

AlexNecula
Active Contributor

You have mentioned your app is freestyle but you have linked a guide for a fiori elements app and you mentioned it'a list report so it's not clear what type of app you have.

1. If it's a fiori elements app, you add filters through annotations and if what you need is not possible through that, then use the guide you have linked.

2. If it's a freestyle app, then I guess you use SmartFilterBar? In this case, it's pretty much the same as 1.

I suggest going thoroughly over the SAPUI5 tutorials to understand better what type of app you have and how to handle it.

YanGerzon
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.
I made two apps, one free style and another a report list to explore them.
Where is the best place to look for a guide on adding an input field to a smartfilter bar?
I have added an input using an xml view and a smart filter bar but there are issues there with passing the filter values to the table.
I made it work but in what seems to be a really crooked way.

AlexNecula
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi 101ger,

Here is a link for smart controls which you can use in a freestyle app or in an extension for fiori elements list report like the one in your link. On step 5 you can see how it is linked to a smart table, so you don't have to pass the values yourself.

Smart Controls Tutorial

Here is a course that takes you through developing a list report app with RAP which is the newest technology for S4HANA. You may find older guides online if you have an older system (ex. before 1909 developing an app with BOPF).

Building Apps with the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model

Hope this helps you getting started. You may find others as well.

Alex

Answers (0)