cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Management - User rights?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have created a user for Promotion Management only (no admin rights) on my development and Production system. In CMC/Applications/Promotion Management I have added Access Rights for the User, for Promotion Management. But when I run the "Test Promote" or "Promote" at all, I get the error message "Failed".

I know that this is an User Right issue because if I add the user to the User Group "Administrators" everything works fine.

Am I missing something?

Information:

BI 4.0 SP7, Patch2

Tomcat 6

Distributed environment (Two CMS Nodes) on Windows 2008 r2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi again.

I seems to be working now. In CMC/Access Levels I added more "Rights" to my Access Level for Promotion and then it finally worked.

The "Rights" I added was "Override General Global" (All).

Cheers

Peter

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

Did you check the DEPENDENCIES options and also add Security option under Promotion Manager Job.

regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean "Manage Dependencies"?. If yes it has nothing to do with dependencies for the Content, but the user I log on to the "Destination system" with. I don't find any Security Options under Promotion Manager?.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To set specific rights in the promotion management application application, complete the following steps:

1. Log into CMC and select Applications.
2. Double-click promotion management.
3. Click User Security, and select a user. You can view or assign security rights for the user.
4. The following promotion management specific rights are available:
1. Allow access to edit overrides
2. Allow access to Include Security
3. Allow access to LCM administration
4. Allow access to Manage Dependencies
5. Create Job
6. Delete Job
7. Edit Job
8. Edit LCMBIAR
9. Export as LCMBIAR
10. Import LCMBIAR
11. Promote Job
12. Rollback Job
13. View and Select BOMM (BusinessObjects Metadata) Objects
14. View and Select Business Views
15. View and Select Calenders
16. View and Select Connections
17. View and Select Profiles
18. View and Select QaaWS
19. View and Select Report Objects
20. View and select Security settings
21. View and select Universes
5. The promotion management application access rights are set within the CMC.
6. If you wish to assign rights to a selected user, select the appropriate right and click Assign Security.

~Sujeet Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also go through the below update:

Please make sure that a Delegated Administration group exists and follow the practices provided in KBA 1754247 for FP03, SP04 and above

In the Central Management Console (CMC), create an Access Level (ACL) defining the necessary rights for Promotion Management (formerly Life Cycle Management aka LCM) usage, i.e.: "LCMDelegatedACL". An example of ACL rights for Promotion are defined in KBA 1785929

• In CMC > Folders > LCM > Promotion Jobs > Right-click to select User Security and Add Principals, select the group and Add and Assign Security. Assign "LCMDelegatedACL" and press Apply & OK

• In CMC > Applications > Promotion Management > Right-click to select User Security and Add Principals, select the group and Add and Assign Security. Assign "LCMDelegatedACL" and press Apply & OK

• In CMC > Temporary Storage > Go to Manage > Top-level Security > Add Principals, select the group and Add and Assign Security. Assign "LCMDelegatedACL" and press Apply & OK (this tackles the PRS 00009 error documented at the beginning)

• In CMC > Access Level > Go to Manage > Top-level Security > Add Principals, select the group and Add and Assign Security. Assign "View" and press Apply & OK (This tackles the Ajax error)

~ Sujeet Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank's for quick answer

I went through your "Step By Step" and I had already done the "tasks" except of the last "Step" (CMC > Access Level > Go to Manage > Top-level Security).

But I'm still not able to "Promote" or "Test promote" with my "Promote User". I have created a ticket to SAP Support, and I'll update this thread if they have a solution to the issue.

Thank's all anyway

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you let us know what are the errors found when you click on "failed" Please share a screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As you can see below, I get a "Failure" when I click on "Test Promote". If I add my "Promotion User" to the Administrator User Group, I get a "Success".

Former Member
0 Kudos

What access rights you have given to this user?

Also please post the failed message. You can see it under promotion job history.