cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Management job status in pending

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are using BO 4.0 version.While transporting Dashboards using Promotion Management from the Dev-->QAS server,we are getting job status as pending.(We have taken Source system as Dev and Destination system as QAS).

Please suggest ,how to resolve this.

Regards,

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

onkarvelhals
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat.

Is Adaptive Job server containing promotion management scheduling service running?

If it is running, please restart and try scheduling again.

Regards,

Onkar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Onkar for the reply,

It has solved and one more issue i am facing is some jobs before promoting while tested (Test Promote process)then their status is showing partial success.Please suggest what are the cases reason for partial success.How can i proceed on this on this partial success.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member230417
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

There can be multiple reasons

What is the error message when you get in the Properties?

Please check the CUIDs of the folders which contain the reports to be moved both in the source and the destination system.

The problem can be caused by a folder which was created manually on the destination folder with the same name as in the source system, in this case CUIDs are different and this can cause the problems.

For this you need to remove the entire folder structure from your target system and do the transport again.

Time difference between the two systems can also cause the problem.

Just check the system time on both servers.

Regards,

Nachiket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you looked at the Promotion Management Troubleshooting by Scenario page? The concept behind this page is that you have an idea of what the problem could be and you do some steps to find the root cause and hopefully the problem.

For example, have you already tried going from several items to just a single item. If so, the question is what is the partial success? You should have more output than just "Partial Success" - you can drill down and it will tell you what was successfully and what wasn't (hopefully with a why it wasn't successful.)

Look through the KBA system for why you have the failure (i.e. Partial success might return a relevant KBA, but the failure error might find a more appropriate answer to the problem.)

If the answer is not in the KBA system, go back to the page I mention above and see if there's anything there that gives you an idea of how to progress it. Is the problem a corrupt objects? Do you get the same error when you try exporting to LCMBIAR file instead of doing Live-to-Live (sounds like that is what you're doing now.) If LCMBIAR works (fully successfull) does the Import give you the partial success? (This tells you if the problem lies on the source or target.)  and so on...

Ideally you'll even be able to get to the correct Log and error message. (We're partially there.)

The Promotion Management Troubleshooting by Scenario page is meant to help you narrow down the process and hopefully find the culprit for your problem.

Please give me feedback (as I am the maintainer of that page) - you can do so via the survey link on the page or via the forums, etc. We've already gotten some feedback that we've tried to apply to the page and we're looking forward to improving it.

--

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nachiket & Patrick,

Under failure tab,i found the below error details.

Resolution Status=Copied, Dependency Status=All the required dependencies are included., Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Trying to create an object with duplicate name=<Dashboard Name>in destination under folder=<Destination Folder>with ID =25063.

It seems like, i am sending a new dashboard file with the same name already existing in the destination system.my question is can't it be override in the destination system with the new dashboard file.

Regards,

Venkat

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be your dashboard file source and destination has different CUIDs. If there is different CUID on the destination system, you cannot overwrite that. You need to delete the destination Dashboard file, and than try to promote again.

Answers (0)