cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program ID in RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Actually, I'm getting error like Program ID is not registered while working with RFC to connect to external system using 'T' connection. In Activation Type TAB : I was selected the REGISTERED SERVER PROGRAM radio button .and I gave Program ID then I was getting error like Program ID is not registered.

can any one slove my problem.

thanks in advance

with regards,

Lokesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

deepak_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

make sure that you have also created a Sender RFC Channel in XI Intergration Directory with Same Program ID that you have used during creation of RFC destination.

Activate the Channel

And then again test the RFC connection

There is no extra step involve to register ur destination.

Just make sure that you have defined program id in both the cases... i.e RFC destination as well as the channel.

Regards

Deepak Shah.

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lokesh

Quite recently I had the very same problem connecting an external system to our R/3. The external system connects to our ERP via RFC and sends or receives IDocs.

For this purpose I created a RFC destination (type='T') and, for the sake of simplicity, I used the same name for the RFC destination and the program ID. Of course, when I try to make a connection test I get an error because the program ID is just a "dummy".

The external system connects itself via RFC using the program ID. We created a VPN tunnel between the external system and our ERP.

Now within R/3 we do not see where this RFC connection comes from (i.e. we do not have an IP address maintained in the RFC destination). Yet it is no problem to send outbound IDocs to a port having this RFC destination and, in turn, to receive inbound IDocs from the external system.

Perhaps the scenario is similar in your case that the external system completely triggers the communication.

Regards

Uwe