cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Program error: ASSIGN with length 0 in program "SAPLRSDMDSP04".

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts.

Today i got production issues while changing the PSA data getting ABAP run time error and provisionally (1 moth back) i changed same PSA data in PRD. i checked all data source what ever i am using all data source same problem and getting Program error: ASSIGN with length 0 in program "SAPLRSDMDSP04".

if i changed on the PSA record its happen. have you aware of this error and please help.

please find the screen shots.

Thanks,

Phani.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member50025
Discoverer
0 Kudos

2025849 - PSA : Short dump "ASSIGN_LENGTH_0" occurs during the maintenance of PSA request when one or more fields of the data source has length > 255.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pani,

Was your prd system upgraded or patch applied? There should not be any case that if anything working fine and suddenly stop working in any standard SAP program. Please consult with the team if some one has applied any SAP notes in system.

You can check in SNOTE transaction too if you have authorization. Alternatively in SE10 ou may get some idea.

Is the issue in all of PSA's in production system? if yes, then it must be something with SAP notes.

Thanks

Amit

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like some change were applied at backend program. as my guess you may need oss note.

With help of error message try to search at market place as per your bw version.

Mean while can you try to activate your psa mean activate your data source thru program.

Try to do RSRV tesst on your psa. Use SE14 if your authorised. just adjust + activate psa table at SE14.

Thanks

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for quick replay Raman.

we are not yet changed any background programs and we searched in SAP Market place.

this problem happening every PSA data. i activated and adjusted the PSA table at SE14 then same problem happening again.

Thanks,

Phani.

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a generic error in the system. Please debug your dump with the help of ABAPer. Then only you can come to know the issue..